Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
This graduate certificate program allows students to gain exposure to the diverse field of global studies and issues facing the international community of today. Overall, the program curriculum focuses on the themes of transition and development in the global world. Lectures, tests, and assignments are delivered and executed entirely online. This format not only allows for heightened flexibility and interaction, but also participation from a truly international assortment of students.
- Online program provides flexibility and heightened interaction for working professionals and international students learning remotely
- Option to choose regional area on which to focus specialized attention
- Courses from this certificate may be applied toward the Master of Science in Global Studies and International Relations
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Complete one of the following:
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; (official transcripts required at the time of admission)
- English language proficiency proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Political Science and Security alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Fidelity Investments
- State Street
- US Army
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
What They Do
- Business Development
- Community and Social Services
What They're Skilled At
- Public Speaking
- Microsoft Office
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.