Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
The skills required for successful sales management are rapidly evolving. By 2025, 80% of B2B sales will be digital, and most organizations will shift to integrated data-driven selling to grow and compete.
Northeastern's Graduate Certificate in Sales Management is designed to provide individuals with an established sales background an opportunity to advance their careers by gaining in-demand skills. The program integrates topics and issues relevant to maximizing sales in a marketplace increasingly shaped by digital channels and data. You'll learn how to leverage data analytics as a problem-solving tool that betters the customer experience while gaining new leadership skills.
The program is available online, and both part- and full-time study options are available. Core required courses allow students to work together and learn as a cohort, including the opportunity to engage in an experiential project collaborating with employer sponsors as customer experience consultants. At the end of the program, you're prepared to advance in your sales career leading a team that uses data to increase customer satisfaction.
- Study online with full- or part-time options for maximum flexibility.
- Learn from industry experts as you gain the skills needed for the evolving customer-centric, digital-first marketplace.
- Gain skills in data analytics that allow you to understand customer behavior better, predict trends, and solve problems.
- Benefit from a differentiated curriculum focused on using data to reach goals in addition to advanced customer service and leadership skills.
- Advance your sales management career with the confidence to take on tomorrow's challenges.
- The program teaches students to better understand how analytics can be used to understand customer behavior and predict market trends, develop strong leadership skills to build successful teams, and use project management techniques to reach goals.
- Job growth is expected to be strong for managers who direct and navigate the mix between online and brick-and-mortar sales. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 7.0 percent employment growth for sales managers between 2020 and 2030.
- According to US News, employers hiring sales managers often prefer candidates with a graduate credential and the median salary is $132,290.
Students learn to formulate effective, continuous strategies and tactics to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention, and build relationships with key stakeholders.
Within the program's experiential project, students will apply their learnings to the challenges of a mission-driven start-up company, functioning as customer experience consultants.
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
SMT 6010 - Building Business Acumen 3.00
SMT 6020 - Managing the Customer Experience 3.00
SMT 6060 - Decision Support and Sales Analytics 3.00
Complete a minimum of 6 credits from the following:
SMT 6983 - Special Topics 3.00
Program Credit/GPA Requirements
18 total semester hours required
Minimum 3.000 GPA required
* Please note: this curriculum is for marketing purposes only, and is subject to change.
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): Identify your educational goals and expectations of the program. Please be aware that Northeastern University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose.
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who have either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities such as a faculty member, colleague, or mentor, preferably one from your current employer
- English language proficiency proof. Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2021-2022 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Graduate Certificate in Sales Management
|Fall||Recommended Admissions Deadline:|
|Domestic application complete (second half start: October 31, 2022)||October 17, 2022|