Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
In a global environment characterized by digital transformation, rapid change, and high levels of uncertainty, the ability to hire, reskill, and upskill analytic talent is a major driver of organizational performance. The Graduate Certificate in Applied Analytics in the College of Professional Studies will prepare students to develop analytical skills that will support decision making in an organization's strategy. The certification focuses on analytical, technological, and humanic literacies—with an emphasis on experiential learning—required for students to serve as strategic business partners in their organizations.
A total of 18 credit hours are required to complete the analytical certification program.
- Program is stackable, allowing for students to take a course as a nondegree professional development option, take a series of courses to earn a certificate, or earn a certificate and stack up to 18 quarter hours (6 courses) into the Master of Professional Studies in Analytics.
- Demonstrate the foundational knowledge and skills critical to pursue data analytics as a profession in relation to statistics and math
- Articulate and effectively defend the significance and implications of work in data analytics in terms of challenges and trends in a local, national, or global context
- Demonstrate the knowledge of advanced tools in data analytics
- Articulate and effectively defend the significance of leadership, governance, and ethics in data analytics in terms of challenges and trends in a local, national, or global context
- Apply the principles, tools, and methods of analytics to a comprehensive real-world problem or project related to data analyses for tactical and/or strategic decision making
- Integrate the major theories, tools, and approaches in data analytics to identify data-driven insights for informed business process management
- Design and deliver presentations, reports, and recommendations that effectively translate technical results/data solutions and are coherent and persuasive to different audiences
Graduates will have the skills to understand and analyze data. Those who are data-literate are needed and valued across all industries, departments, and seniority levels, making a career in analytics a potentially lucrative one for people of all backgrounds. Here are some in-demand data-oriented careers:
- Data mining analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Business/management analyst
- Compensation/benefits analyst
- Financial analyst
- HRIS analyst
- Operations analyst
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Required Core Courses
Complete two of the following:
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500-1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations of the program. Please be aware that the university's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose.
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts (official transcripts required at the time of admission)
- English Language Proficiency Proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
- A BS in engineering or computer science, or previous coursework in math and/or statistics, is required.
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Finance Your Education We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships.
How to Apply Learn more about the application process and requirements.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
Domestic Application Guidelines
International Application Guidelines*
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.