Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
In today’s nonprofit sector, fundraising and development have seen continual growth and increased career opportunities. The Graduate Certificate in Fundraising and Development prepares students for roles or advancement in these increasingly strategic areas and provides students with the expert-level skills, techniques, and practicalities of raising funds.
In the program, students will produce professional-level work to add to their personal portfolio, utilize current industry tools, and have the opportunity to participate in experiential projects. Skills graduates learn in donor research management, grant writing, building effective partnerships, and measuring social impact are increasingly valuable to nonprofit organizations as they are depending on fundraising and grant management to achieve their mission.
Additionally, the certificate may be applied toward the Master of Science in Nonprofit Management.
- Opportunity to engage in an experiential project with an organization of your choice or another institution suggested by the faculty/XN team
- Skills-focused curriculum taught by industry experts
- Earn your certificate quickly – the program is six 6-week-long classes
- Credits earned completing this certificate can be applied to Northeastern’s Master of Science in Nonprofit Management
- Unique specialization in fundraising and development
- Solid foundation in data analysis and performance management for the nonprofit sector
Graduates from the Certificate in Fundraising and Development will be prepared to enter into or advance within the following types of professional roles:
- Development Coordinator
- Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
- Senior Gifts Officer
- Grant/Proposal Writer
- Manager/Director, Donor Impact
- Manager/Director, Fund Development
- Manager/Director, Growth and Strategic Partnerships
- Major Gifts Associate
- Manager/Director, Development and Annual Giving
- Development Officer
- Institutional Giving Manager
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): Identify your educational goals and expectations of the program. Please be aware that Northeastern University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose.
- Professional resumé
- Official undergraduate transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL score of 79, including a 20 or more on the writing section)
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or above
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our management alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- State Street
- Fidelity Investments
- Dell EMC
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
What They Do
- Business Development
What They're Skilled At
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
Learn more about Northeastern alumni on Linkedin.