Take a quick look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
The need for medical and healthcare managers is expected to grow by 32% through the current decade, creating new career opportunities for qualified administrators. Northeastern University’s Undergraduate Certificate in Healthcare Administration is a career-focused certificate program, providing an active and engaging introduction to management-related concepts within the expanding industry. Here’s what you can expect from the flexible online curriculum:
- A short course of study focused on relevant healthcare policies and procedures as well as finance, legal, and regulatory matters
- Exposure to healthcare administration concepts, analytics, communications strategies, leadership issues, and technical challenges—presented by healthcare leaders and experts
- New skills and knowledge that add healthcare specialization to your resumé and education
The Healthcare Administration Certificate program is also an opportunity for those already working in healthcare to gain career-advancing skills and make new connections through Northeastern’s extensive alumni network.
- 100% online curriculum lets you earn your certificate with maximum flexibility.
- Learn from healthcare industry experts as you gain a comprehensive introduction to current management-related industry concepts.
- Increase your knowledge of healthcare industry policies, procedures, legal issues, technology, finance, and leadership challenges.
- Add an in-demand healthcare administration specialization to your current education.
- Stack the credits from your certificate into the College of Professional Studies’ Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration program—with all certificate credits applying toward the bachelor’s degree.
- Add skills and knowledge that can advance your healthcare career.
The outlook for careers in healthcare administration is excellent, with growth estimated at 32% through 2029—creating nearly 130,000 new jobs.
- In 2020, the median annual salary for health services managers topped $104,000, and the median hourly rate exceeded $50 an hour (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- The basics of the job include planning, directing, and coordinating the daily and long-term business activities of healthcare providers, including hospitals, nursing homes, and group medical practices.
- In 2019, U.S. News & World Report spotlighted medical and healthcare services manager as #1 in their ranking of best business jobs.
Experiential / Co-op opportunities
Northeastern's signature experience-powered learning model has been at the heart of the university for more than a century. It combines world-class academics with professional practice, allowing you to acquire relevant, real-world skills you can immediately put into action in your current workplace.
This makes a Northeastern education a dynamic, transformative experience, giving you countless opportunities to grow as a professional and person.
Get Set with a Custom Course Plan
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Completed online application
- English language proficiency proof (if English is not your primary language)
- Official transcript
- Official high school transcript or completed attestation form
- Official GED
- Associate degree (with conferral and date) sent directly from your undergraduate institution to Northeastern
- Current resume
- Statement of purpose
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Global Engagement Learn how our teaching and research benefit from a worldwide network of students, faculty, and industry partners.
Cost and Tuition
Cost Per Credit
The deadlines below are recommended; however, admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis and applications submitted after these deadlines will still be considered for the upcoming term.
The domestic deadlines below allow time for those transferring credits. More details.
Fall 2021 Domestic Deadlines
|Start date: September 9, 2021||Deadline: August 12, 2021|
|Start date: October 27, 2021||Deadline: September 29, 2021|
Spring 2022 Domestic Deadlines
|Start date: January 10, 2022||Deadline: December 13, 2021|
|Start date: March 7, 2022||Deadline: February 7, 2022|