Take a Quick Look
We’re committed to creating an education as unique as your career path. So, whether your goal is a new career or moving up in your field, our innovative programs will get you going your way.
Customize your plan
We work with you to map your path to your goal.
Learn from experience
From real-world case studies to employer-based projects, we prepare you to manage what comes next.
Choose your focus
Whatever you’re passionate about, you’ll find the classes to sharpen your specialty.
Study anywhere, on your time
Part-time or full-time, we move at your speed, to get you where you’re going.
New innovations, breakthrough technologies, and changing consumer habits are redefining the media landscape—fueling demand for media professionals who can apply the latest tools and techniques to create compelling digital content. Students will gain competency in digital production and post-production while exploring various formal, conceptual, and structural strategies. Students will learn to generate digital video that communicates effectively and inventively, in preparation for positions in the creative industries of gaming, design, and media production. The courses in this program also serve as a concentration in the Master of Professional Studies in Digital Media.
- Provides hands-on skills for students pursuing a career in creative digital media industries
- Courses from this certificate may be applied toward the Master of Professional Studies in Digital Media
- Multiple start terms are available for this program
On average, job growth for digital media professionals is expected to increase at an average of 10% by 2022. -U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014
Get Set With a Custom Course Plan
Please note: The following is a sample curriculum and is subject to change. Enrolled students should reference the academic catalog for current program requirements.
Complete two of the following:
Now Let's Talk Admissions
You know where you are headed and you've seen how our program will lead you there. So let's get going. Here's what you need to know before you enroll.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the university's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- English language proficiency proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Are You an International Student? Find out what additional documents are required to apply.
Admissions Details Learn more about the College of Professional Studies admissions process, policies, and required materials.
Cost and Tuition
Estimated Total Tuition
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2022-2023 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time. For more detailed information, please visit Student Financial Services.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis; however, we do recommend the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term:
*International deadlines are only applicable if the program is F1 compliant.
Student Body Profile
Below is a look at where our Digital Media & Design alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
What They Do
- Art and Design
- Information Technology
- Media and Communication
What They're Skilled At
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social Media
- Digital Media
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.